SSEM EuroConference 2018: Emerging Market Economies
University of Lodz, Poland
June 7-8, 2018
The Society for the Study of Emerging Markets (SSEM), and the University of Lodz invite submission of papers for, and participation in, a major international conference on emerging economies and markets — the 2018 edition of the SSEM EuroConference. Empirical and theoretical papers related to the theme of the conference as well as papers dealing with institutions, political economy and policy issues are welcome. Participants are invited to submit their individual papers for presentation or to propose an entire panel consisting of four papers.
Papers presented at the conference will be considered for publication (subject to double-blind reviewing process)
in a regular issue of Emerging Markets Finance and Trade and submission fee will be waived.
Papers will also be considered for publication in Bank i Kredyt and Acta Universitatis Lodziensis. Folia Oeconomica.
Themes to be considered at the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Financial markets and banking
- Capital flows and macroeconomic and financial stability
- Spillovers between advanced economies and emerging economies
- Challenges for emerging markets economic growth and financial stability, and implications for the global economy
- Institutional development and reforms and their impacts on the real and financial sectors
- Relative role of institutions versus economic policies for the economic growth and development
- International financial institutions and their impacts on the emerging economies during the post-crisis era
- Impact of the global financial crisis, and European and Greek crises on the real and financial sectors
- Regional economic integration and the cross-border trade and investment among the emerging economies
- Comparative studies on the economic transition and system changes in Asia, Europe and the Americas
- Country-specific studies on the reforms of financial markets, industrial and technology sectors, foreign trade and investment regimes, etc.
- Vulnerabilities in emerging market economies and policy options
- Monetary policies and fiscal policies, their interactions, and their effects on the economies
- Sustainable development of the global economy and emerging markets in the context of arising geo-political conflicts
- Emerging markets and the future of the international monetary system